Build exceptional websites at Applied Digital.
Applied Digital need an experienced full-stack web developer.
Location: Huddersfield - hybrid.
Salary: £32,000.00-£39,000.00 per year dependent on experience and fit.
We’re a well-established business with a strong track record of delivering exceptional quality and success for our clients. An experienced and ambitious team of developers, creatives and marketers, we strive for originality and exceeding expectations.
As part of our continued growth, we’re looking for a talented and highly motivated web developer to join our team. We’ll be looking to you to write first-class code across a range of projects, of varying complexity. We’re fortunate to work on a range of platforms, but our core stack consists of Laravel and Statamic.
You’ll be working on a variety of exciting new website projects and ongoing development of existing websites we’ve delivered for our clients. It’s a hands-on role, so attention to detail and the ability to follow process and protocol along with commercial awareness is essential.
The ideal candidate will be experienced at debugging and be a proven problem solver who can deliver results quickly and to a high standard. We believe in enabling our team to deliver the best results so you will be responsible for your own work and ensuring it meets our deadlines and quality standards.
This is a hybrid role combining working remotely with days in our Huddersfield office.
Skills - Essential
- At least 5 years of agency experience.
- Dev-ops experience, the ability to understand and troubleshoot application and architectural issues.
- Strong experience in a mainstream PHP MVC framework, ideally Laravel.
- Experience with development technologies and languages such as:
- PHP 7/8
- Server admin
- CLI / Shell
- APIs ( Development & Integration )
- Responsive HTML
- CSS / SCSS / Tailwind
- Web performance
- An understanding of Cloud architecture and how to develop for scale with AWS experience.
- Experience with a CMS or Content Management Framework such as Statamic and WordPress.
- Ability and experience in accurately tracking time.
- Personable with good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with effective time management skills and.
- A ‘get stuck in’ attitude.
Skills - Desirable
- A good understanding of technical SEO implementation, integration and best practices.
- A good understanding of Core Web Vitals and Page Experience.
- Experience in scoping and creating workflows from client discovery sessions.
- Experience with other front-end frameworks such as React.
- Experience in web app development
- Experience in integrating with ‘enterprise’ systems such as ERPs (Netsuite, Dynamics, etc).
- Experience in integrating with various CRMs (HubSpot, Salesforce etc).
- Experience in integrating with various Google tools such as Search Console, GA4 and Google Ads.
- Experience in Statamic and Laravel Forge
- Experience writing unit or feature tests.
- An understanding of Shopify web development.
Your key responsibilities
- Take a scope document and bring it to life in the chosen technology. No micromanaging, you’ll be expected to own the project and deliver it on time and on budget (with the help of our project management, and account management teams, and with support from other developers).
- Implement smaller projects either standalone or within existing projects.
- Help discover and implement new technologies that benefit Applied and our clients.
- Manage and resolve support tickets and communicate with clients where necessary.
- Managing ‘legacy’ (WordPress/Base) client tickets.
- Support your colleagues and clients with requirements of retainer work.
- Put forward ideas for new technology or ways to improve existing and future projects.
- Work with our other teams, especially digital marketing and creative, to ensure their solutions are viable.
- Work with our SEO team to implement SEO best practices across projects, and to ensure their requirements are met on new builds.
- This role will involve some direct client interaction either via email or in meetings so you should be comfortable in these situations and be able to communicate in non-technical terms when necessary.
- A competitive salary
- 31 days holiday per year (inc bank holidays) plus an extra one for your birthday
- Your choice of Windows or Mac
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working, we currently have 2 days a week in the office (Tuesdays / Thursdays) with the rest remote, but you have the flexibility to do more in the office if you prefer
- Great clients and exciting projects
- A supportive and collaborative team
- Dedicated office space
- Team social outings
- Free on-site parking.
Who Are Applied Digital?
We are passionate about people, whether that be our clients, their customers or our team. We believe that our people really do make our business great, so ensure the team has a great place to work, with a collaborative and creative culture to grow as individuals and as a team too.
There’s lots more great stuff going on at Applied and you can be part of it if you join the team, so if this role and the company sounds like your dream job, then please get in touch.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email Jenny with informal questions about the role.