There are many e-commerce platforms out there to choose from, ranging from free to tens of thousands of pounds per month; so choosing the correct one is an important decision and one that should be given serious consideration.
Selecting a platform too simple will hinder your ability to grow in the future, while selecting one too advanced could see your profits slashed due to high monthly license fees and developer costs.
The team at Applied Digital have indepth experience in a number of different platforms for a variety of different sized clients. This allows us to give you the best advice and guidance to help you choose the package that is right for you and your business, rather than what’s best for us
We currently have e-commerce shops developed on Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce and Shop Wired. Having a good understanding of each of these allows us to recommend the correct solution for our clients.
Many key factors need to be considered when deciding which platform best fits your needs, these include but are not limited to;
Price - Choosing a plan too expensive could see your profit margin slashed and less money available to spend on marketing your shop.
- Shipping - Being able to correctly set and manage shipping rules is very important as 44% of shoppers leave a cart due to high shipping costs.
- Responsive templates - 45% of visits to e-commerce sites come via smartphones or tablets so your shop needs to be on a responsive template.
- Faceted / filter search - Faceted search is essential to e-commerce due to the power of contextual filters, yet only 40% of e-commerce sites implement this.
- Retargeting - Users who are retargeted are 70% more likely to convert, and retargeted adverts have a 10x higher click through rate than standard adverts.
- Dropped cart emails - Sending dropped cart emails can help recover 15% of lost revenue.
- Multi channel - Selling on Amazon (244m active user base) and eBay (157m active user base) is a great way to increase your potential customer base.
- No matter the size of your business the above factors are all important when making your decision. We will guide you through the process to ensure the correct e-commerce platform is chosen.
Read more about our e-commerce offering or see what we have done for our client World of Wool in our case study.